LC Professional M2
Laser cutting machine
Based on wide experience of delivering more than 500 machines LC Professional M2 series offers unexampled functionality, high performance and perfect ergonomics.
Unimach machinery is manufactured in St Petersburg using our own components.
LC Professional M2 Features
- LC Professional M2 inherits a special feature from LC Professional ML series: convenient loading of both sheet material and workpieces. Providing this feature we are still able to increase intrinsic safety due to lower height of working area relative to bellows.
- Shuttle table can be located on the left- or right-side of the machine.
- Improved construction of machine bed now absorbs wider range of unwanted oscillations. Additional weighting of the machine bed leads to improved dynamic parameters.
- Cutting edge maintenance-free measurement system greatly raises accuracy and reliability.
- New CNC console with an updated control module is now included in the standard equipment.
- Increased functionality due to extended automation of cutting processes.
- Application of the power linear drive together with laser optical head LH-105 and UniCut software made it possible to boost productivity and reliability.
- Rigid all-welded heat-treated machine bed with subsequent machining
- Gantry coordinate system
- Light-weight composite portal
- High precision guides, integrated feedback
- Linear drives, axes X, Y
- Zoned smoke exhaust system; zone is selected automatically depending on the laser head location
- Ytterbium fiber laser IPG Photonics
- Cooling system water / air (chiller)
- Focus length control system FoCut
- Laser optical head with automatic drive of focus lens LH-105
- Control console UM-103 (IP65, industrial LCD 19", stationary control panel, pull-out keyboard)
- Software UniCut
- Automatic loading pull-out table
- 3-gas console
- SPTA kit
- Commissioning works and personnel training
Minimum energy consumption:
- High efficiency of fiber lasers
- High efficiency of linear drive
- Power saving mode of the filter-ventilating unit
Minimum of consumables:
- Fiber-optic path without mirrors
- Simple highly-efficient cooling system
- High-purity gas is not required as an active laser medium
- Minimum amount of laser components and their low pricing
- Linear drive do not require consumables
Extended life of consumables:
- Extended life of fiber laser
- Minimum wear of linear drive components
Cost-effective and affordable service:
- Free of charge service during warranty period
- Remote problem diagnostics
- Share of Russian spare parts 85 %
- No regular adjustment and lens cleaning by high-skilled specialists
- No maintenance of linear drive
- 24 months warranty, non-limited operational life
LC Professional M2 fiber lasers represent some undeniable advantages compared to other types of lasers.
First of all, the lasers do not require any maintenance as they are located in the entirely sealed body. This excludes any contamination and allows our customers to cut down costs on high-skilled service staff and consumables.
Secondly, fiber lasers are the most reliable among the existing ones. Their operating lifetime exceeds a decade.
Finally, an output emission of fiber laser has a high quality and stabile beam parameters.
In addition to the above, the laser is ideal for cutting highly-reflecting materials, such as latten, aluminium, copper, galvanized and stainless steel, and making metal engraving.
A beam is delivered by a fiber-optic path without mirrors minimizing an amount of necessary consumables. The fiber system is absolutely reliable; its lifetime can be compared to the laser itself.
Arrangement and design
Unimach® pays special attention to the arrangement and design of the equipment. To provide additional comfort all external connections are carried out from one side. The main elements are covered with the protective casings preventing the equipment from dust and shock impacts. Edgy industrial design outlines the whole production process.
Metal sheet loading
Sheet loading is carried out using a pull-out pallet. It can be easily moved out of the cutting area providing machine-safe and comfortable loading. The shuttle table for LC Professional M2 which makes it possible to increase production capacity significantly and simplify working with the machine is at option. The shuttle table system alternately moves two pallets into the cutting area. This ensures loading and unloading of workpieces non-stop.
The machine bed is an all-welded heat-treated structure with subsequent machining. The bed of LC Professional M2 combines high production accuracy, rigidity, reliability and long life. To withstand high dynamic loads the structure is additionally made heavier.
Gear and drives
Ensuring movement of the coordinate system mechanical components and drives are the crucial parts of the machine tool. Laser cutting machine LC Professional M2 is equipped with high power and speed maintenance-free linear drives. Their application minimizes a number of mechanical components in the coordinate system resulting in increased durability and reliability.
Moving parts of any machine need regular lubrication; they are often covered with protective casings or bellows at high quality equipment which is, however, limiting the access. To work this issue out Unimach® has equipped the machines with the centralized lubrication system and maintenance timer. A CNC stand notifies an operator if it is the time to lubricate machine parts. Time-consuming dismantling of the protective casings is not required, because an operator simply needs to supply a lubricant from the central control panel and confirm it by entering the service password.
Smoke exhaust system
Our machine is equipped with a zoned smoke exhaust system. The zones are switched over automatically, i.e. only the area where the cutter is working at the moment is connected to the ventilating system. This solution makes it possible to use less productive ventilating system and to exhaust smoke with extreme efficiency, as well as save the electricity.
LC Professional M2 uses water / air cooling system (chiller) providing efficient cooling and cutting down water expenses.
Gas supply system
It’s crucial to ensure that gas blowing of the cutting area maintains the constant pressure during metal cutting. We offer a perfect solution – the pneumatic system of LC Professional M2 which operates with the maximum pressure of 25 atm. Such pressure is ideal for cutting nonferrous metals and reaching the high quality of cut edge. The systems which use maximum pressure of 10 atm significantly limit the application range of laser machines. LC Professional M2 can be optionally equipped with an automatic gas console with a CNC integrated interface which provides a remote control of gas inlets and gas pressure in the cutting area, and monitors current system status. The console automatically switches the cutting gas and sets its pressure from the Library without Operator's supervision.
Laser optical head LH-105
- Max pressure 25 atm
- Pneumatic system removes molten metal while piercing
- Forced nozzle cooling at cutting non-ferrous metals
- Nozzle temperature control
- Video monitoring of nozzle and laser center adjustment
- Quick (cartridge) change of protective glass
- Quick (cartridge) change of focus lens
- Focus lens drive is controlled from the CNC in order to provide high-quality metal piercing and automatic change of focus length if the type or thickness of material is changed. All focus lens adjustments are carried out using CNC.
- Screws for transverse nozzle movement. While being adjusted the lens remains fixed excluding any laser thermal damage and expanding its life time.
|Type||Ytterbium fiber laser|
|Laser model||Max. thickness *|
|IPG 1000W||≈ 10 mm|
|IPG 6000W||≈ 30 mm|
|IPG 8000W||≈ 32 mm|
|IPG 10000W||≈ 35 mm|
* - The listed thicknesses are the maximum for cold rolled steel (Ст3ПС), oxygen blowing, not demanding for quality and cutting burr
|Model||LC Professional M2 FO3015|
|Processing area, mm||3020x1520|
|Weight (max), kg||9000|
|Max load to table, kg||1000|
|Overall dimensions, mm|
|Positioning accuracy in all axes, mm||±0,05|
|Accuracy of repetition, mm||±0,025|
* Accuracy depends on the workpiece type, preprocessing, sheet size and position at the working area. According to standard VDI/DGQ 3441 measurement length complies with 1 m.
|Acceleration and speed|
|Speed of free movement along the axes X, Y, Z (m/min)||up to 170|
|Acceleration / deceleration along the axes X, Y, Z||up to 3 G|
|Steel||max 35 mm|
|Aluminium||max 35 mm|
|Stainless steel||max 40 mm|
||Linear drive, precision measurement scale|
||Linear drive, precision measurement scale|
||Servo drive with zero backlash gear, additional tracking feedback, precision rack & pinion|
Overall dimensions of the machine
Fig. 1 - Overall dimensions of LC Professional M2
Fig. 2 - Overall dimensions of LC Professional M2 with a shuttle table
Fig. 3 - Overall dimensions of LC Professional M2 with a shuttle table and extension module of working table
Control console UM-103
Control console is a separate dust-proof console equipped with an LCD to represent operating data. All controls and LEDs are located in front of the operator at the front panel. Such layout allows an operator to react within the shortest time and prevent any possible errors.
To provide additional comfort the console has special drawers to store consumables or tools, and a holder for papers. CNC console is equipped with two USB ports to connect flash drives or download drawings and programs. A LAN port to integrate a machine to general manufacturing system is located on the back panel.
User-friendly UniCut software is a proprietary development of Unimach®. To simplify and optimize cutting process UniCut provides the special functions such as pause, back move along the contour, quick transition to any piercing, quick change of piercing point, cutting can be initiated from any point of contour, etc.
Control operations from your workplace using one program
All control interfaces of the machine units are integrated in one program. All cutting machine modules can be controlled from one workplace to provide additional comfort.
Individual settings for laser piercing, engraving and cutting
Laser piercing, engraving and cutting modes can be set individually before the start of cutting cycle. There’s no need to stop the process in order to change or enter the new settings. Switching among the modes occurs automatically leading to higher production capacity of the cutting machine.
Laser power can be controlled depending on the speed
To reach higher quality of sharp and right angles laser power can be controlled automatically depending on the speed of the optical head. At zero speed (at the moment of stop at the corner) output power equals to minimum power configured in the settings which prevents the corner from a burnout.
Library of materials
UniCut software includes the Library of materials, where a user can find recommended settings for particular materials combined with the function to create new ones.
Automatic program creation
UniCut software can help you to create a cutting program quickly and intuitively, in a few clicks. The program automatically detects nested contours and calculates the most optimal travels. This function is useful for small enterprises that are dealing both with small batches and a wide range of products.
Provide the settings quickly using our user-friendly graphic interface. Graphic data is easier to percept than endless lines of digits, it saves your time and makes workplace’s atmosphere more comfortable.
Software maintenance timers help to provide technical maintenance on schedule indicating time for replacing consumables. The software automatically calculates working hours for machine units and notifies an operator about the required service.
UniCut software automatically calculates time for workpiece processing, beneficial use of materials, number of parts. Received data significantly simplify cost calculations, e.g., calculations for third-party orders, costing production and waste.
Remote diagnostics of system malfunction (through the Internet) makes it possible to reduce downtime of the machine and cut down off-site expenses concerned with wrong settings of the equipment.
Working objectives can be set and controlled remotely from the operator’s workplace reducing paperwork and setting goals through the network. That helps to organize working process more efficiently because systematization (materials, priority, product) is done automatically in this case.
Intuitive and user-friendly software
Simple and intuitive UniCut software saves time for staff training: mid-level specialist can be quickly taught basic work on the machine. The cost of mid-level specialist work will be less than highly-skilled professional resulting in lower product cost. Monitoring and control of tracking system, cooling system, laser. Log of module operation data. Free updates.
UniCut mainframe window
Focus length control system FoCut
Automatic tracking system Focut of our machines controls a stabile position of an optical head with precision of 0.1 mm within the wide range of heights. It ensures precise cutting both on the workpiece edge and highly deformed metal sheet. Learn more
The system includes the following capabilities:
Jump up piercing. At the moment of piercing an optical head is uplifted to the specified height preventing the nozzle from contamination by the melted metal. Then the further cutting is carried out from the specified focus length. This method helps to use the consumables - a nozzle and protective glass - efficiently and avoid possible errors or malfunction.
Fly cutting (without stopping to pierce the material). This method crucially reduces the time for processing thin sheets as the machine cuts all contours which are located along one line (and not each separate pattern). An optical head moves all over the workpiece cutting the contours of the relevant area. This function is perfect for cutting perforated grilles.
Pre-heating of the cutting area. Cutting thick material requires pre-heating. An optical head uplifts at the height set by an operator and heats the cutting area; then the optical head goes down and cuts the material.
Shortened height. While moving from one piercing point to another an optical head is not uplifted to the maximum height; it is lifted at the shortened height, therefore saving time and increasing the efficiency of the machine.
Automatic calibration of the optical head. Automatic calibration system ensures calibration at every piercing point. This function maintains high quality even when cutting the strongly deformed metal.
Graph display of dynamic and operating parameters. A graph is a convenient, simple and time-saving way to estimate operation of tracking system and detect errors.
FoCut system also allows for efficient cutting of non-ferrous metals.